Saturday, October 4, 2008

Catching up on life


Alright, it's been for-evah since I've had a blog update. I started to write one during Hurricane Ike but ironically my power went out as I was uploading a few photos to share... after that I was too lazy to actually write another blog and try it all again. So here's a not very interesting picture of the standing water outside my apartment. We didn't get any damage at my place but around Tyler we had a lot of trees down and lots of power outtages.



Then my computer died. Windows XP had some personal issues on my computer and left me with a "We're sorry for the inconvenience" message. I tried to get everything off my hard drive and failed so I lost all of my photos :( and some of my songs. The photos that remain are the ones I've uploaded onto Snapfish so I'm lucky in some ways. My iPod also saved all of my purchased music so I was able to recover everything I've bought. Phew. So after almost three weeks I'm up and running again. I've spent the last two nights reinstalling software and finally uploaded my pictures from last weekend.

Lindsay Hint: I ended up buying an external hard drive, which I'm hoping is one of the best computer purchases I'll ever make. Why no one ever told me to get one and back everything up is beyond me. So I'm telling all of you. PLEASE, have some sort of method to back up your hard drive in case Windows eats it! I now have mine set to back up every night at 10PM, very smart. Plus, I've named him Ernie. Ernie and I are going to be best buds as he listens to all of my music and looks at all of my pictures as I sleep. Yay.

Finally, I traveled to Cincinnati last weekend for Jenn's wedding! I had a blast seeing all of my friends. Ryan flew in too so I was able to hang out and have a date for the wedding. Ryan also tried Skyline Chili for the first time. Here he is eating at the same Skyline that Senator McCain ate at not too long ago!




I was desperate to get out of Tyler and this was the best way to do it! I still can't believe it's been five years since we've graduated... hanging out with all the girls makes me feel young again :)




Check out my MySpace page for more photos! Thanks to all my girls for such a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Lindsey! A blog update! something to read at work, ill have to check myspace for the wedding pix!

Jen Lilley said...

this blog really needs to be updated more!! I want to know whats going on with my Lindsay!