Monday, August 4, 2008

Brief weekend update

To all those concerned: Yes, the water did come back on shortly after I wrote the blog. By 9pm I was awash in water!

As you may have read/seen/heard, Texas is in the midst of a heatwave... I'm using the term "heatwave" loosely because when it comes down to it, it's actually hotter than heck. Living in Ohio for the first 22-ish years of my life never prepared me for this. Even living in Georgia for the last 3 years didn't do it either. There is no other way to say it, 103 degrees is hot. 105 degree heat index is hotter. It's a gross, walk out of the house, already sweating, swamp-butt kind of heat. Hopefully Edouard (isn't that the funnest name for a Hurricane ever?) will hit us and bring some rain because we need to cool off. When it's too hot to go to the pool because the water is like a bathtub, it's no fun anymore!

Also, I was off this weekend and used my time to sleep in, work out (surprise!), go shopping and clean the apartment. I'll let you guess which of those was the most important!

Lastly, Carrie Ann now has a blog too! So I am going to try and link everyone's blog to mine and see if I'm capable.

P.S. The haircut went well. I'm pretty trendy and again, last on the bandwagon with the Posh Spice hairdo... I'll post a pic when I take one!

Happy week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no ideas what has been going on with you in 9 days. unacceptable!

Anonymous said...

2 weeks and Nothing!
something interesting HAD to have happened in TX this past weekend!

Anonymous said...

i am waiting for the pic of your new haircut!!